Benefits to staff
Why work at Ditton Park Academy?
Our vision for the academy is that it is a forward thinking outstanding academy inspiring learning. It develops confident young people, who excel in their educational, personal and social development, achieving more than they believed possible.
All of our students are “active citizens”. All students will are encouraged and given the confidence to participate in decision making, providing support and/or creative input across the three areas of family well-being, public service and economic sufficiency. Through this we develop self-confident and responsible students who contribute to the local community of Slough.
An expectation that lifelong learning not only underpins success in adult life but that it will be a necessity in order to actively participate in the future economic world underpins the culture and curriculum of the academy.
The academy provides outstanding teaching and learning opportunities that ensure the achievement and success of the students that enables them to move on with confidence into work, further training or higher education.
We provide an inclusive learning environment where all learners are welcome and able to succeed. Learning pathways are tailored to suit the interests and aptitudes of individual students. A personalised approach to planning the curriculum ensures that teaching and learning is differentiated in a way that maximises each student’s attainment and achievement.
We recognise the need for all learners to have the skills to be able to adapt to and use fast changing global technologies that will be relevant to their future employment.
We aim to become an “International Thinking School” highlighting the importance we attach to enabling our students and staff to understand and engage in effective thinking and learning that will support both their success in learning and teaching and ability to adapt to changing educational or workplace requirements.
1. Collaborative approach to training and development with all staff and through the SASH network
2. Laptop for teaching staff
3. Staff well-being is very important to us:
- Teaching staff currently experience a significantly reduced timetable (contact time is only 70-75%)
- Early finish every Friday
- SLT do the majority of covers
- Free staff car parking in Slough
- Access to a subsidised lunch
- Subsidised end of term meals at Christmas and in the summer
- Additional holiday as payback for twilight sessions
- Free tea and coffee
4. Active and very supportive governing body
5. Generous staff absence policy
6. Small class sizes at GCSE
1. Onsite gym and changing facilities, free of charge
2. Complimentary breakfast
3. Full reprographics service
4. Onsite hospitality for meetings and visitors
5. Brand new £19 million state of the art school building in SL3 off Upton Court Park